Ziad T. Sheena
partner, B. Comm (2003), LLB (2006)
Ziad completed his post-secondary education at the University of Alberta. He earned his Bachelor of Commerce in 2003, and Bachelor of Laws in 2006.
Ziad began his legal career with Birdsell Grant LLP as a summer student in 2005, articled with the firm in 2006, and continued on as an Associate. In 2010, he joined the partnership, and is currently the managing partner of the firm.
Ziad’s practice focuses primarily on residential/commercial real estate and financing, corporate/commercial law, as well as wills and estates. Ziad regularly provides legal advice on a variety of issues to individuals and families, small to medium-sized businesses, builders/developers, lenders/borrowers, landlords/tenants, franchisors/franchisees, and professionals.
More specifically, Ziad has assisted clients with:
- incorporations and general corporate governance for new and existing business owners
- corporate reorganizations and transactions for the directors and shareholders of a corporation
- partnerships, not for profit corporations and joint ventures
- commercial financing and security for both lenders and borrowers
- business purchase and sale transactions including the purchase and sale of the assets or shares of a business for both purchasers and vendors
- commercial leasing for landlords and tenants including retail, office, industrial, and bare land leases
- commercial real estate for both purchasers and vendors
- development of commercial and residential properties for both builders and developers
- franchise services for both franchisors and franchisees, including the drafting and review of franchise agreements
- residential real estate for both purchasers and vendors
- contractual services including the preparation, review, and negotiation of a variety of contracts
- wills and estate planning, including the preparation of wills, enduring powers of attorney, personal directives and trusts
- estate administration for personal representatives, administrators and trustee
Ziad enjoys being active in his community through his involvement with KidSport Alberta. In his spare time, Ziad enjoys a variety of sports including golf, basketball, soccer, and tennis. He also has a passion for travel, which has driven him to explore many parts of the world. Most recently, Ziad has traveled to Berlin, Chicago, London, Kauai, and Tofino.