Grow Your Law Career With Us
When you offer your clients talent and uncompromising commitment to service excellence, you are always looking for those who share the same passions.
We are a team with a distinctive way of thinking and working. We remain focused on developing both top-tier technical legal skills and sophisticated interpersonal skills so we can deliver consistent and exceptional service tailored to the needs of our clients. Within our culture of teamwork and mutual support, you will work on teams that span multiple practice disciplines, guaranteeing exposure to a variety of lawyers with different styles of practice.
BIRDSELL GRANT LLP is seeking a lawyer who is interested in carrying on a family law practice. The lawyer must have an LL.B. (Bachelor of Laws) or J. D. (Juris Doctor), and must be a member in good standing or eligible for membership in the Law Society of Alberta.
The ideal candidate will:
- have 3+ years’ post-call experience practicing in the area of family law. Experience in litigation, real estate, wills and corporate/commercial matters is considered an asset;
- have experience working on matters involving child support, child custody, parenting/access issues, spousal support, divorce and matrimonial property;
- have experience speaking to matters in Provincial Court and the Court of Queen’s Bench. Trial experience is considered an asset;
- have strong time management skills;
- have an ability to manage a family law case load with a high degree of independence;
- be looking to grow a family law practice; and
- be ambitious, driven and proactive in seeking new clients.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com. Please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
POTENTIAL AND DIVERSITY
...are much more important to the long-term viability of our firm than recruiting to a set formula. Some qualities of particular interest and relevance to us are described below.
The sort of work undertaken in the firm means that we need to recruit those who can think clearly and identify the key aspects of a potential issue.
We are eager for those individuals who can fit a lot into their lives and who have plenty of enthusiasm.
You need to be adaptable enough to see the big picture as clearly as the detail.
You will work with a wide range of colleagues and clients so your approach and interaction with others are of the utmost importance.
Multitasking and not losing your cool are part of keeping track from day to day.
We think this is something that develops with time and work experience. What we look for is the potential to develop commercial sense.